Sunday, May 18, 2008

New age lamaze

My good friend Sachia is pregnant with her first baby. In preps. for her new arrival (coming in 4 weeks) she signed up for a lamaze type, relaxation class. She had planned this class months in advance and at the last minute her husband had to go out of town for work. So, she called me. The thought of her doing the class alone, or not at all, was not an option. She asked me if I would be willing to go to the class with her. I thought, why not, I could always use a good review, she needs to go and I don't want her to have to go alone. So off to the class we went with our water, snacks, and pillows. What we didn't realize was that this was a class specifically designed for coaching. Everyone had someone with them....a "coach." Everyone elses "coaches" were husbands. This is the part where my giggles started and annoyingly continued for the next three hours.

We walked into the room and this was the position our demo baby was in. What kind of class?















This was our competition. I think all eyes were on us for the first half hour. Two pregnant girls? Are they together? Friends? Lovers? The giggles wouldn't stop!



















The "moms" practiced different relaxation positions to help ease their pain through labor, while the "coaches" (me) massaged and practiced helping them through their contractions. So, basically I ended up massaging her the whole night. Good thing I'm a massage therapist or it could've been real embarrassing for both of us. Plus, she really needed it. I have to say my favorite position of the night was when we were supposed to hug with her leaning into me and relaxing. Both of our bellies were touching, we both just busted up laughing. Yeah right! I still can't talk about it without cracking up. We stole the show!

Sachia, I know you hate pictures of yourself right now but nothing looks worse then me in this picture! I look trashed. (I was) You're welcome for making you look so good :)



Coach and Mom





















I had to get video during our break of Sachia explaining the class. Only for a friend I love!


10 comments:

dana said...

I WISH there was video of you bear hugging. Oh, you and Sachia...lovers. How sweet.

B Brown said...

I soooooo wish I could have seen it. I think its great that you & Sachia are together now, I totally sensed a conection between the 2 of you. ;)

Nat said...

Niki, my dream came true!! Hahahaha! Maybe it wasn't a dream so much as a prophecy...totally kidding cause that would be disgusting.

Jana Homer said...

Ha Ha! I am cracking up! That is good Nikki. Hey how come I didn't know you were a massage therapist?

Kizzycakes said...

too funny -- SO wish i coulda seen that! you pregnant girls are too cute. love the video of sachia -- seeing her makes me so happy :) good luck with the rest of your pregnancies!

Jean said...

LOL!!! That is SO funny!!! The newest "alternative couple" in our ward. :-) Haha!

Hillary said...

So if the day ever comes where I need a lamaze coach...I know who to call.

Erika Ann Mouritsen said...

oh my gosh! you are getting so big! i am so excited for another fackrell baby!
come visit us soon!

Carr Family said...

That is seriously too funny. I was laughing the whole time I was reading your post. Pregnant women are pretty fun to watch already...but hugging and rubbing hands....THAT'S HOT!!

T.K. said...

Oh yah and at first when I looked at that baby I was like is this a zoo lamaze that baby looks like an elephant. Theirs what looks to be an ear on each side, look at it again, I was laughing soo hard.