Thursday, May 15, 2008

Am I crafty? Not a chance!

If you were wondering, why would you, this is a scuba mask Mia made. How does she do it? So talented! Now I'm sure you're wondering where she gets her mad skills from. Truthfully, she made this at story time at the library. It had nothing to do with me, which might be why it turned out so cute. Matt hasn't been home for a few days (busy directing his episode of Yo Gabba Gabba this week) so this morning when Mia put this on he had to take a picture. I mostly posted it for him.


I forgot to post these last week so here they are for all to see. We had girls-craft-and-eat-a-bunch-of-cheesecake-and-cookies-night at Natalie's house last week. I don't consider myself a crafty person but these turned out ok. Although, I have to admit Ciana is the master behind this very well threaded shark...which by the way, Max loves!



This, I also sadly have to admit, was the work of none other then me. See Rebecca, the eyes aren't that crooked! Ha ha! You're stomach muscles had to be sore from all the laughing about my kitties eyes. They look a lot better then when I started. I thought for a few minutes, while mastering this up, there was no hope. It was bound to look less like a kitty and more like roadkill. Not bad for my first try. And, it only took me THREE HOURS! Thanks girls for stuffing me full of sugar, keeping me awake way past my bedtime and for the "way past our bedtime" conversations that followed. :) Too fun!



7 comments:

Kizzycakes said...

you ARE so crafty! i love it. so bummed i missed out on more fun times in pasadena. jane always tells me how much she wants to go back to hudson and play with mia. both my kids miss california "cuz it's always summer there". me too! oh, and thanks for sachia's invite -- so cute and thoughtful to send me one! love yer guts (really, i just need to call you cuz this is getting to be quite the lengthy comment!)

dana said...

whatever NOT crafty. I've seen the cute onesies you made for Laura Daines. And hello, how cute is that cat on Mia's pink shirt???
Well done, well done!

B Brown said...

I love the 3D kittie eyes...not bad for 3 hrs work. At least your's is done. Mine is still sitting on the couch.

Holly said...

Niki, I cannot believe how your little girl looks exactly like you. Its like seeing you as a kid again. Man those were good days, no worries in the world! They don't know how good they have it!

Jean said...

Awesome job. I want one.

Nat said...

I'm not gonna lie, it definitely turned out better than I expected. :) That whole night was a "learning experience" on so many levels...

Hillary said...

I don't have a crafty bone in my body. My scrapbook pages all look like ransom notes with letters cut out of magazines. This far exceeds any skill I possess. Pat yourself on the back.