Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

What a fun day yesterday was for me. Actually, Saturday was pretty good too. Matt got me a massage at the Amadeus Spa. I went Saturday and enjoyed it more then you know! It was great. And, I had been needing it. On Saturday Max kept saying, "Mom, don't get out of bed tomorrow morning until I tell you to. I wanna do something for you." Being one of the brighter bulbs, I knew that meant breakfast in bed. So, Sunday morning I woke up before anyone else...of course. I rolled over and woke Matt up and said, "We have to get up and get ready so go wake up the kids and let's get the show on the road." Max would've been so upset if I got up before he had a chance to bring me breakfast. So, I ordered up oatmeal and toast with a side of strawberries and orange juice. It took Matt another few minutes to get it together, and by then we could hear the kids in their room. Most of the time Mia comes in our room crying about something. "I'm hungry!" Or, "My eye hurts." That's a popular one for some reason. It was a great Mother's Day gift to hear them in their room singing to each other. Very rare I must say. They were on the top bunk scratching each others backs and Max was teaching Mia some songs he had learned in school. After presently listing for a few minutes I jabbed Matt with my bony elbow and he was finally up and at 'em. A few patient minutes later, (on my part) with one eye cracked, while I still pretended to be sleeping, in came my breakfast. "Happy Mother's Day!" Mia was carrying the strawberries, Max the orange juice (good call matt) and Matt the tray. Mia was so excited she was laughing and in her excitement dropped the strawberries on the bed. She started picking them up, an occasional one going into her mouth and of course licking her fingers with each pick up. We were all just cracking up. What a perfect morning for me. And to top it off, I didn't lift a finger the entire day. Matt did all the cooking and cleaning while I vegged out like a beached whale. It was great! I'm one lucky Mama and I have the best kids in the world! I love you Max and Mia!




Max made me this cute flower pot with a beautiful flower he planted in it at school. The pot is painted and says happy mother's day, and I love you all over it. There's also a See's vanilla sucker in it with a picture of him on it. So cute.


This is great! It's the card Max made me. He said he messed up on one part, it's supposed to say, "thank you for feeding me" and he wrote seeding me. (just to clarify) Anyway, I got a good laugh out of it.




7 comments:

Kylee said...

Oh what fun! Im glad you had a great mothers day!

Thats awesome your going to be in St. G-are all of you coming? What day will you arrive?

Lets totally do pictures! I'll be looking for some ideas for cute pics!

dana said...

Well, I guess "seeding me" works too. haah. Too funny.
Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
You do have great kids.

Hillary said...

I like that he thanks you for feeding him. Does he know children who do not get this "luxury" of being fed? Enjoy this while you can, the bar is set really low for the time being. Also the whole part about Mia being the one to drive you crazy, nice that he washes his hands of any responsibility in this dept. He's too funny.

Happy Mother's Day! I honored you from afar....

Laura Taylor said...

I love the note Max wrote you. Kids are the best and they always put a smile on our faces!

megan said...

I loveeee the "I hope Mia doesn't drive you crazy"!!!!!! haha You have some fun kids!!

Carr Family said...

What a cute Mothers Day!! You can't ask for much more than breakfast in bed, flowers, and a note from Max. Too Cute.

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day....Disneyland June 2 and 3, maybe we'll see you.