Saturday, May 17, 2008

FATHERS and SONS

A week ago it was fathers and sons, which is held church wide on Mothers Day weekend. This is so Niki and other mothers across the land get a break from the boys. We had a lot of fun. The camping isn't quite the same as it is in Utah where there's real mountains. This was a place called Wilderness Park that was just down the road from a subdivision. It was a small grassy field with the whole Stake camping near each other. Still, there were pine trees, so it's not too bad. When we got there, kids were kicking a soccer ball, so Max naturally joined in for over an hour, and after one too many dads got hit in the face with the soccer ball the game was over. A campfire was made and everyone gathered around for the ward "skits." Each year our Ward has the WORST skits, ha ha, it's almost embarrassing.

This was probably the latest Max has stayed up in a long long time. It was almost 11pm when Max finally went to bed. In the photo below it was around 10:30 and he was staring off and pretty much out of it without blinking. After a few "Max," Max," "MAX!" 's, he would say "uh what," as if he was woken from a waking sleep. We stayed up a little later and had dutch oven cobbler, which was after the smores and other treats.


I look really really ugly. This is the first official Fackrell family tent.


There was a spot up a trail near the camping area that the kids were going up to because it was "haunted." Some of the older kids were telling the younger kids that many years ago Americans and Native Americans were taken to the top of this hill, burned alive and their bodies thrown down the hill...yeah, I know, not your typical bed time ghost story. Anyway, I walked up here with Max and snapped the photo below. Later on at home, I added in an Indian with photoshop and told Max that I took a picture of a ghost. He was in shock when I showed him the final photo.

BEFORE


AFTER


Here’s a little video of me scarring Max. We were walking up to the “haunted,” area; Max and Ethan Tervet were talking about the ghosts and such, so I took advantage of the situtation. With the second video a few kids were at "the spot," and I made it seem like I heard something and they all flipped out. When they're running down the hill that is true terror driving them down. It was hilarious!

6 comments:

dana said...

so hilarious. I had to show this to Casey. I know he looks forward to Father and Sons some day...and I KNOW he looks forward to scaring our son too.
Great Indian ghooooost.

A and J said...

Only you Matt, That's so funny it reminded me of our old days in Thompson looking for X marks the spot!! Where is that anyway's, I think we have looked everywhere!! Walking to Grandma Pene's house from the pond, searching in all the old run down homes, lighting the mountain on fire and looking for ghosts in the old trailor!! the good-ol-days!!! I wonder if the window still broken from Nate punching it!! "Fruty Pebbles and Little Shop of Horrors" FUN TIMES!!!

Lesley said...

You made me laugh out loud! I love the picture of the "indian ghost" and I think that scary story would have scared me! Awesome! I am glad you had a fun time!

Allison said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I've got tears welling up!!!

dietcokegrrl said...

CLASSIC! This made me laugh so hard I even had tears in my eyes. So funny!!

Hillary said...

Most parents would like to detour their kids from thinking there is a ghost - but no, not you. You went to the length of photoshopping a ghost into the picture. Only a Fackrell :)