Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sleeping beauty

I got the biggest kick out of this. Mia fell asleep in the car the other day and when we got home I drug her in the house and plopped her on the couch. I was sure she would wake up but she was out cold for 2 hours! I could've had a party in the same room and she wouldn't have budged. What would it be like to be able to sleep like that? I was envious. So, I had to take a picture of this cute little girl getting her beauty rest. Then today I was looking at this photo and remembered a similar one of me as a kid. To think I used to be able to sleep like that. It had to be shared. And now we know where she gets it from. :)


3 1/2 years old after a long day and no nap.

8 years old on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.



12 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

I love it when they are so passed out that you can move them from car to house without waking up.

Great pictures--she definitely takes after you!!

B Brown said...

I wish I could nap like that again & I totally love the flash back photo.

dana said...

That's awesome. I love the pictures. And I love the family sleeping talents.

Hillary said...

Either it's that short skirt or you have America's Next Top Model long legs.

Odell Family said...

Ahhh, now that's the Nikki that remember! I LOVE that picture.

Laura Taylor said...

Both of you have your mouth open the exact same way, I love it!

T.K. said...

That is so funny, look how much you both look alike. You are little bobsey twins!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Like I've said a MILLION times before. She is a total Niki mini-me! And I love the picture of you. That's when we were like total BFF's! Especially when we were like 10!

Lesley said...

That is hillarious! I love the gold chair you are asleep on. It is sweet, I dont know how you could sleep on such a small space.

So are you guys making the trip up for the old Burr reunion? It's going to be super sweet.

Jana Homer said...

I love it! That's my favorite thing when my kids stay asleep! Cute picture of you!

Allison said...

Hahahahahahaha!! Check out that dress of yours! and I had shoes like that! I also used to sit in front of the TV with my legs like a frog-kick behind me. It would never happen now. Ouch!

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

I finally did get a blog!
lacimouritsen.blogspot.com