Saturday, September 20, 2008

YO GABBA GABBA PREMIERE!



The Yo Gabba Gabba episode titled "GAMES," that I directed/edited and co-wrote will be airing Tuesday, September 23rd on Nickelodeon. It will air at 11:30 Pacific time, but be sure to check your local listings for when its on Tuesday. It's awesome that I was able to do this, because it's not every day you get the chance to write and direct a television show that will air nationally. I do really have to thank Scott Schultz, Christian Jacobs, Justin Lyon and Jason deVilliers for making this happen. Mates of State (www.myspace.com/matesofstate) performs a song written by one of the musicians from the show (the cousin of our own Pasadena Ward good friend Dana Willard) and it was a lot of fun directing the music video with Mates of State for the episode. It's an epic process putting together one of these shows, and I'm amazed that Christian and Scott can each do nine of these episodes. Also I've edited episodes that will be showing through out the year. I'm editing the Jack Black episode right now (he's in the entire episode). There is also an animated segment I wrote and directed that will show in one of the future episodes. This one has a princess in it that was illustrated to look like Mia. Anyway, it's pretty exciting so check the episode out on Tuesday, September 23rd, 11:30 Pacific Time.



The show was in TIME Magazines "Top 10 New Shows of the Year," here's a link to that article:

www.time.com/time/specials/2007/top10/article/0,30583,1686204_1686244_1691363,00.html

This season you'll see bands and celebrities that some of you may or may not be familiar with like:

Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo, Wes Anderson's film composer)
Jack Black
Melora Hardin (Jan from "The Office")
The Ting Tings
Hot Hot Heat
The Roots
Jem
Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live)
Jack McBrayer (30 Rock)
Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy)
MGMT
Rachel Dratch (Saturday Night Live)
Paul Scheer (30 Rock)
Amare Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns)
Jimmy Eat World
Chromeo
Paul Williams (“Rainbow Connection”)
Mates of State
Mix Master Mike (from the Beastie Boys)
The Ting Tings
Money Mark
Biz Markie
Ladytron
Datarock


7 comments:

dana said...

Wow. Great line-up. We're excited about the new season too!

And yes Niki, I love personal comments from Mr. Fakrell on my blog. Even if it's only your pseudo name. Hey, he did give me a shout-out here though. I like it!

Jean said...

Congrats Matt!! You are awesome! I can't wait.

Hillary said...

My DVR has been set for 9 days now! I was way ahead of the game :)

And don't forget, Melora Hardin also plays Trudy Monk on "Monk." But it is a show for old people (and me) so I may be one of the few who know her as that...and now I'm thinking I probably shouldn't have admitted that information.

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY! We can't wait!! And the new season sounds great!!
Congrats!!

Skeeg said...

well crap. I wish i had checked this sooner, as it is the 24th today! Austin loves yo gabba gabba, I will have to catch it when they re-play it.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

That is awesome Matt. I am impressed.

Lucas is getting big so quick. He is a really cute baby too. I love all of your onies on him. They are so unique.

Erika Ann Mouritsen said...

Good job, We watched your show.
Well most of it.
We couldn't watch the little dancing guys anymore!!


Tell Max that we were all excited for him to get baptized today! We are also excited for Luke to get blessed!!

Miss you guys!