Thursday, September 11, 2008

9 YEARS TODAY!

Today is a special day for Niki and I. It's also one that everyone will always remember, but for us we celebrate 9 years together as husband and wife. We've known each other for ten years and I can tell you that she's as special to me as she was when we first started falling in love. I was at work today, and I couldn't help myself from telling everyone that it was our anniversary. I was so excited to tell everyone and I couldn't stop smiling. Niki is the greatest person I know and I'm proud to say that's she's my best friend and I love her with all my heart. I remember when I first knew she was the girl I was going to marry. I had only been on two dates with her and I really liked her a lot, this was when I was working at the movie theaters as a projectionist (of all things!) that I knew she was the one. She came in with her family to see the film Patch Adams and I was looking down from the projection booth and saw her with her family. A moment later as I was looking at her I felt the most powerful and clear feeling I had ever felt in my life, and in what I could say was the Spirit telling me "your going to marry her," and I said to myself "no I'm not, I can't get married now" You need to put into account that I had 5 years of "free life" (post-mission) planned and this feeling came as a surprise. But it didn't take long for the two of us to go from good friends, to best friends, to two people in love. I had the greatest time with Niki and I'm so excited that we not only love each other but we are best friends. We have three beautiful kids who get all their good looks and competitiveness from her, and maybe they get something here and there from me. They have the greatest mom they could ask for who would do anything for them. I love you Niki and I always will, you own my heart and I will always be there for you. Happy Anniversary!





Joelle and Krista looks very concerned in the background like one of us may loose it and start swinging. This was a dream of mine when I would get married, to finally have cake smeared all over my face. I really didn't take in account what it would be like with half of it up my nose.


Boy oh boy, and Niki's brothers thought this car would be an an easy clean with all that
shoe polish on it. It came off when we washed it, but so did the cars paint! Anyway, it
was worth it...look how excited I am, and can't wait to drive out of there.



This is proof that I was fit, with no real body fat. Look at me now and see what three kids will do. Niki looks fantastic!

10 comments:

The Facks of Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Facks of Life said...

I was going to post this and he beat me to it. Thanks Mateo...I love you and your cute face!

Jean said...

Awwwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!! Happy anniversary you cute kids, you!

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe how much Matt looks like Max there. WOW.

dana said...

Congrats!!!
And wow, Matt looks like a baby. So young! (Not that he looks old now...just not as young and well, as skinny. He said it, not me ;) )

La La Land said...

So sweet! Congratulations!

Ryan and Kim said...

Congratulations! You guys are an awesome couple and great parents. Thanks for always being our friends and such good examples to us!

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

Matt, you are such a sweetheart!

Erika Ann Mouritsen said...

Oh!!!
I loved your wedding! (the parts I remember)
I love you guys!
Ten years!
Wow!
I was only 3!

suspectx said...

Holy Crap!!!! That's picture of Matt kissing you on the check at the top looks like ME!!! Whaaaaaaa!?!? Ha ha, it really does!

سكاي للتنظيف said...

كشف تسربات المياه
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
شركة غسيل خزانات بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه
شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بالرياض
كشف تسربات
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض