Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Where is the time going?



The past few days I have been feeling a need for more time! I want everything to slow down so I can enjoy life more. I see my adorable kids growing up so fast right before my eyes and I wonder how much of it am I missing? I want to spend more time with my husband. I want my dishes and laundry to clean themselves. My bills to be magically paid. And come home every night to a warm meal on my table that some fairy made for us. I'd rather be at the park flying a kite and enjoying more family time. It's a struggle to find time to do everything I want to do and everything I need to do. I'm constantly reminding myself to try and enjoy everyday. The only explanation for dealing with all of this is to hire a maid, a cook and an accountant. That's not happening anytime soon. How do I juggle all of this? Oh no, I'm pregnant and totally nesting! Now that I think about it, all I need is a magic lamp to rub and three wishes to grant myself. Why didn't I think of that before? Problem solved! :)

7 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Cute...don't we all just want to enjoy our kids a little more? I have to constantly remind myself of that...

La La Land said...

Could one of your three wishes be a maid, and accountant, and a cook for all of your friends, too?

Laura Taylor said...

I hear ya!

Kizzycakes said...

join the club. maybe you should just say to yourself, "what's it going to take to get me that maid?" access is the answer to all your problems.

T.K. said...

No kidding huh? It is already April what the heck..... I don't even have kids but where is the time going and why is it going sooooo FAST??? My mom wasn't lying when she said wait till ur older then time really flies. I saw ur sister this week she came into the school to get her hair done it was good to see her.

Odell Family said...

Thanks for the great reminder to enjoy each day. Kids have such an amazing ability to live in the moment...I love that about kids.

Brittany said...

I hear ya. I hadn't seen a picture of Mia in awhile. She is so big!

Hey, since I'm due in less than a month I've been looking into strollers. I think I remember you having a Sit-N-Stand. Do you like it? Are you planning on using it when the new baby is born? Alexander wants to walk a lot, but sometimes I just need a place to strap him down. He and Mia are the same age. What are you planning on doing with her (stroller-wise) when the new baby comes? The problem I see with the Sit-N-Stand is that seems just as long as a regular tandem stroller (talk about tandems--this comment!), and I'm all about the small, lightweight stuff. The other one I'm considering is the Joovy Caboose, also a stand-on one, but much smaller. The problem with THAT one is that it's so compact that the older kid has to lean forward when sitting if the front seat is reclined (which it has to be with a very young baby or infant carseat). I'm so indecisive. Next can you help me name my baby? Sorry about the long comment about nothing related to your post. I've just been meaning to ask you about this since our kids are the same age and you have experience with that stroller.