Sunday, May 10, 2009

Being a mom on Mother's day!

Nothing could have prepared me for the love, joy, bliss, peace, tears, fear, and anger that I would experience as a mother. It is the best and worst job in the world...like a love/hate relationship. With that said, I feel like the luckiest woman on earth to be able to share my life with the best three kids ever! I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being their mom!

They woke me this morning with breakfast in bed, which I always love! Such a great way to wake up. Yes, this is what I look like first thing in the morning. :)

My breakfast of cheese eggs and toast with raspberry jelly. It's already half gone in this picture. I had a lot of help eating it.

One of my favorite parts of mothers day is homemade gifts. I LOVE THEM! Mia made me this cute bracelet at school and has been so excited for me to have it. She was very good at keeping it a secret until mother's day. It was big enough for cut in half and make one mia as well. Even better!

Max pressed these flowers, then put tape over them and made me these amazing book markers. I'm sure I'll have them forever.

This colorful tea cup was what Max made me at school. He on the other hand had to have Matt hide it from him so he wouldn't be temped to give it to be early. He could barely stand to wait! It is so cute, even had a real tea bag in it and a magnet on the back. It has a permanent home on the fridge now.

Matt got me a cute card and in it wrote exactly what I need to hear. (he's good at that) He took me to dinner last night, cleaned the whole house, got me a book called The Ten Year Nap (which I'm very excited about because I don't know anything about it) and has informed me that I have a gift certificate coming for H&M. Yipee!

It's been one of the best Mother's day yet. (A lot better then the one Matt forgot. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

5 comments:

The Andelins said...

Cute Cute pictures!!!!

B Brown said...

Now that is a fabulous mothers day!

Kylee said...

Im glad you had a great day! Your a good mom too!!!

Annie Koop said...

Yes, I definitely agree with the love/hate relationship...glad to hear you had a wonderful Mothers day!!! Cute family pictures!!

Carr Family said...

You get to hang out in St. George all summer long?! We have no plans to head back that way right now, but you never know. If we do...then for sure let's get together.

When is the big run for you and Joce? Good luck and good for you guys for doing it.