Saturday, May 9, 2009

Disneyland (minus the kids)

We have only been to Disneyland without kids one other time. Not that I don't like going there with my kids, but then again...well, it was nice! :) There are things we don't notice when we go with kids. Little details that we never see because we are too busy snacking, breaking up fights, taking potty breaks, and riding the tea cups. Thanks to Jen, Nicole and Kylee, (who took our kids for us) we were able to spend 5 hours at the happiest place on earth. The Fackrells at Disneyland + the Wells - the kids = A BLAST!

Here are a few things I like about going to disneyland - the kids.

1. Being able to carry on an uninterrupted conversation with Matt.
2. Only taking one bathroom break.
3. Eating and drinking my food without sharing.
4. Snacking on the go.
5. No stroller.
6. No diapers.
7. Playing I spy with my little eye "A mormon"
8. Riding all the "Big rides"
9. Not riding the tea cups.
10. No fighting or crying. (other then the trouble Brandon caused a few times. :)





It was a nice break, really more like a vacation. Can't wait to do it again.



3 comments:

Jean said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. Sure, it's fun going with children, but it's so much work!! Tim and I have gone to D-land in the evenings a couple of times (without Weston), and bless my little boy's heart, but it was SO MUCH FUN. We were running from ride to ride, and eating dinner together like normal people! :-) I'm glad y'all had a great time!!

lyndsey said...

lol. "i had to work hard to be here, so i don't care what you do -- i'm NOT going on the teacups." that was the best...almost as good as checking out people's underwear in our celestial soaring over california flight. good times!

and p.s. we ended up at saladang song tonight. ha! so much for trying something new.

Brittany said...

That sounds so nice! We used to go when we were dating. As much as I loved it, I just didn't realize how much more fun it would be with kids. And then how much MORE I would appreciate it without kids again, once in a while, which we never did.

I Spy...a Mormon is a fun one to play at Disneyland. There was a group in front of me once that seemed absolutely shocked when I asked if they were LDS. I was like, "ONE: You're talking about watching edited movies. TWO: You're wearing multiple layers of long-sleeved clothing in 90 degree weather. THREE..." well, the list goes on. They were from Utah and thought I could just see that light in there eyes. I love it.