Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wasatch back relay, June 2009




188 miles
12 runners
2 vans
1 hour of sleep
barely any food
32 straight hours of running
and a lot of never nude cut offs






Matt started us off



Matt's long run...8.1 miles...it was a tough one.




The team. (+ luke, who was still attached to me)




The never nude mobile




My first leg of the race...and my running tunnel. Thanks guys :)




My brother Matt and I...water break.




Matt and I at our exchange point.





Me on my 6.7 mile first leg of 3




Chillin' in the car...the whole time!!!!




Muscle milk time!




Derrick hated us...didn't think he would be friends with us anymore after talking him into running this race with us.




Our only sleep time in 32 hours. Poor lukie.




I laugh every time I see this picture.




The finish line...and it was raining cats and dogs when we finished.






We did it! Cold, wet and tired.


So, why do I want to do it again?! It's a sickness.


4 comments:

The Hunt House said...

Hey!
SO fun! My friends and I did the Portland to Coast relay in high school. It was hilariously tiring, funny, exhausting, and and a ball all at the same time. Um....what is up the sickening jean cut off shorts? So funny!

Jean said...

CONGRATS!!! You guys rock!!! Especially those never-nudes... "I understand... more than you'll NEVER know..." :-)

Ashley said...

This is Ben I don't have a gmail account. Did you see Ashley in your picture?
Who is that sexy beast on the front row with his shirt off?

Annie Koop said...

Looks like so much fun!!! So when is your next marathon???:)