Friday, June 27, 2008

Da Vinci belly art...34 weeks

Last night our good friend Marty Havran came over to do some "belly art" on me. He has been working for Dreamworks Animation for the past 9 years as a lead animator. He is obviously an amazing artist and when I found out he had mad Leonardo De Vinci skills I had to have him do this. He and his family are moving to Oregon, so before he was off he came by and spent some time with us and created this masterpiece. It was a lot of fun! When I showed the kids my belly this morning they both freaked out a little. Max thought it was some freaky transparent thing that was showing him what the baby really looked like. And Mia...she just stood there with her mouth open and didn't say a word. I had to explain so she wouldn't get worried and then she just said, "mom, that looks like a baby." So funny. I wish I had a better camera, it looks so much cooler in real life.



The master at work. FYI...when someone is drawing on your belly, try not to laugh. It messes them up. :)


The finished product


This picture makes by belly look freakishly huge. Like it was taken with a wide angle lense. It's not normally that big! How do I not have stretch marks?! It's a mystery.



How cool is that?! Thanks Hav. These pictures are priceless and will be remembered forever.




11 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

K Niki those are awesome! Talk about neat! And your belly is getting huge! I never in my life thought I'd see you with a gut! haha You look so freakin' cute! What's this babies name gonna be?

Jean said...

That is beautiful. I love it. I think Hav is starting a new trend here - pregnant belly art!!

Nat said...

"How do I not have stretch marks?!"
Um my thoughts exactly!:) I hate you AND love you for this... I love the belly art, so cool.

Laura Taylor said...

Niki, When are you going to have that kid? You look like you're ready to POP! So cute! Also, yes how do you not have stretch marks!? I'd like to know the same thing. You must have really stretchy skin! I love the art!

B Brown said...

Holy Cow! awesome!

Hillary said...

He should have drawn one on Matt's belly to freak the kids out even more...

dietcokegrrl said...

Wow. Amazing! I love it!

Lesley said...

Wow that is crazy! I can see why max and mia were a little freaked out! What an amazing artist! Ummm are we ever going to see you again? We are coming to laguna in August. What is your e-mail address? I will tell you the date, since I dont really want to post it.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

That is slightly freaky. I can see why the kids were in shock. But it is sweet also. It sure made for some sweet blogging/pictures. Totally original and unique.

T.K. said...

Holy crap that is FREAKIN' AMAZING!! Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen. Thank goodness you got it before he moved. And how your belly has grown, it's so cute!!

This is Carrie said...

That is very cool.