Friday, August 27, 2010

CLIFFHANGER

Opening statement:
You, the reader, are not allowed to lecture me on my unbloggliness! (not a word) Moving on.

My camera was stolen along with my purse a few days after this trip. (way back in April) Luckily, Susie thought to download all of my photos onto her computer before I came home. Thanks Susie for being so smart.

This trip was too epic for a single post. For now, the cliffhanger. Literally! This is how my coastal trip with my girls (Susie and Ciana) began.

It's hard for me to look through these pictures without getting homesick for these amazing girls that I miss so much. So before I start crying...day one of our trip.











Some lady drove off the road and over this cliff just before we passed by. She was too scared to get out of the car. Are you kidding me?!!! I would have been out of that car so fast. She stayed IN the car, that was HANGING off the side of a cliff with a 100 ft drop to the ocean for 45 mins. She ended up being a little insane, well, maybe a lot insane. Either high, drunk, or maybe just missing a few screws....whatever the reason, we were glad we were there to save the day.







This annoying Forest Ranger "came to the rescue" first. Sadly, he was not much of a hero. He kept walking down the hillside, unsecured. He kept slipping and I was sure he was going to hit the car, sending it tumbling down the cliff with too-scared-to-get-out-of-the-car-crazy-lady. When we offered our climbing gear for safety he declined several times before finally asking for it. Susie was the hero! Not only for bringing her gear but for hooking up and attaching it all to this cocky worthless Forest Ranger. Seriously! He was the worst.





Susie's finest moment and the Rangers worst nightmare! haha!






There were a lot of things on our "to do" list for this coastal trip. Saving crazy lady was not one of them. But it sure made for an epic story.


More to come!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

wow! you are a hero. Those kind of stories are the best, you love to tell them because they are just super cool.

Cianana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cianana said...

My favorite part about that incident (aside from the lady's crazy story about what happened) was the Motorcylce Guy.

While we were all discussing how awful & terrifying it was - (the lady was in her car *yawning*!) One of the spectators on a motorcycle turns to Niki and says, "Well, if that's the way you're gonna go - at least you've got a helluva view!"

It was the best & most inappropriate thing I've ever heard in real life. I wish I would've got his number...