Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Burbs' and the Wells

Yes, today was the day! I started feeling overwhelmed with being so behind with my blog posts that I decided if I just took a couple of hours tonight, organized my photos, and put on my serious face I could get the job done. I counted and I posted 13 posts...have a hay day. (I'll try and post more often so we don't make this a habit.)

If any of you were raised in a family like mine, you have those classic movies that you can quote word for word. For my family it's The Princess Bride, Dumb and Dumber, The Fog, and The 'Burbs.

A few months into dating Matt I quoting The 'Burbs. I remember the look on his face when he realized what I had just said! Did she just quote The 'Burbs? Although I didn't actually hear him say that, it was what he was thinking. And I can't say for sure but the fact that this movie is one of my all time classic favorites might be one of the final deciding factors into why he married me. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to. But you have to watch it with people who appreciate it, or you'll hate it! Call us any time and you can come over and watch it.




A few weeks back, after a "'Burbs quote" slipped out of my mouth, it was to our great surprise to find out our newest friends Lyndsey and Brandon Wells also know and love this great classic. So, we planned for them to come over and watch it with us. There is a scene in the movie when Tom Hanks character eats a pretzel with a sardine on it. It's one of the most disgusting things ever!!! Matt has this thing about eating something that is in the movie we watch. So, if a movie has a cherry pie in it, we eat cherry pie. Lucky us, this one has sardines and pretzels.


This is how it went down

These smelled so bad. I thought Lyndsey was going to barf!

Before


After

Poor Brandon. I can't believe it stayed down.


And of course Matt was so pleased with himself.

On second thought, maybe you'll want to call someone else to watch this movie with...unless you have a love for sardines on a pretzel.

8 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

K how funny! That almost made me gag just reading that post! So I had totally forgotten about "The Fog" and the instant I read it, it reminded me of your family back in elementary school. Nuts! And way to go on your marathon posts! Your kids are to cute!

Laura Taylor said...

"Where you going Pinocchio?" I freaking love that movie! Nicole and I used to watch it all the time when we were kids. Sometimes I catch myself quoting that movie too. Great minds think (or quote) alike!

lyndsey said...

you're about a 9 on the tension scale there rube :)

funnest night. our husbands are totally brave [or crazy]. next time: dumb + dumber.

Jean said...

Hahahaha!! I can't believe they ate sardines on pretzels! Haha!! I love that movie, too. I used to watch it growing up. That scene is SO gross! The squishy sound of the sardines -- AHH!!! LOL.

B Brown said...

Gross! I can't believe they actually ate it! I don't know if I should call them brave, or crazy :)

dana said...

ew that's SO gross.
Fun night though!

La La Land said...

I love that movie. You should have gotten the sardines in tomato sauce...they are much better.

Em said...

You crack me up! Those movies totally remind me of your family ha oh the good ol' days! I believe you quote "monty python and the holy grail" a lot also!

Oh and gross. Josh says he would eat sardines if he had to. Weirdo