Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Ears" and his eyes

Max has a new nickname....

Ears!


He listens intently to every conversation Matt and I have. A few weeks ago, while trying to have a "one on one" conversation with Matt, I looked over and Max was up in my face. And then it just came out. "Ears, go do something else, you're not part of this conversation. Hey, Ears, I like that..." and it stuck. I've been calling him Ears ever since.






On another note...

there's something new about ears...










his "eyes"


He is now a glass wearing, four eyed 8 year old. His left eye is 20/25 and his right eye is 20/40. We hope wearing glasses helps correct some minor vision problems. We had a hard time finding a pair that fit his narrow head, so for now, these will do. We ordered another pair that will be here in about 4 weeks. They fit a little better and will be lighter on his face.

I think he looks stinking cute!

12 comments:

The Andelins said...

Ooohh... I LOVE Max's glasses!!! So so so cute!! What a stud!

lyndsey said...

SO cute!! i love how they look on him. Ears is the coolest kid around even with four eyes :)

Gretchen said...

Oh my gosh...he looks so cute!! I LOVE the glasses on him! It makes him look so old! I can't believe how much your kids look like YOU!! They are so cute!

Annie Koop said...

Love the glasses, too cute!!! At least they aren't coke bottle thickness!! You should have asked me about frame fittings....We take Kamdyn to a place called Micheal C's in Woodland hills. It's 45min drive from here but well worth the drive...we have found that he's cheaper too (if paying out of pocked). It also takes less time to get the frames back too. I very highly recommend his shop....if needed for next time. sorry for the long note :)

Lainee said...

He is so cute! I love the glasses!

Ronni Blair said...

I think the glasses look so cute. Whenever I see kids with glasses, they always look so cute!

Kylee said...

Me and Andy think he looks cool with glasses! They seem to fit his personality too!

Laura Taylor said...

What a cutie! He looks so much like you, I can't believe it!

B Brown said...

Handsome and smart! I love the glasses.

T.K. said...

That is sooo funny I love it. I can just hear you saying that to him as ur somewhat laughing!! And he's a handsome stud with the glasses, sometimes I wish Kayson never got Lasik so he'd still wear his glasses!!

Joelle said...

I didn't even know he was getting glasses! What a cutie. He's growing up so fast. I do have to say... I LOVE the "Ears" nickname. Hilarious.

Bethany said...

Hi. My name is Bethany Sanders and I'm a contributor at Parentdish.com I'm interested in featuring one of these photos of yours: http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://fackfam.blogspot.com/2008/06/da-vinci-belly-art34-weeks.html&ei=6hmfSbe6BZzgM6_VmcsL&sig2=eDmD2E1ZKcdvMPjyow-_dA&usg=AFQjCNHVsaIwHFspvitS6nUvZ4aU4O7fQg

in a piece we're doing next week. If you're interested, please email me at grotelu@chartermi.net to give permission by 2/22/09. Thanks!