Friday, November 7, 2008

GIRL TROUBLE

A word of warning! If Max knew I posted this on our blog, he might never speak to me again. Ok, on with the story.

The past several weeks when I pick Max up from school the whole way home he talks about "Cathrine." It's a girl in his class that he likes. We discuss ways for him to play with her at recess without her knowing he likes her. He's very shy about it and won't just ask if he can play jump rope or play a game with her. He has been practicing jump roping for a while now and is getting pretty good. I joked with him one day and said, "Max are you having girl trouble?" He laughed and said, "Totally mom." TOO FUNNY!

To make a long story short, because I don't have time, Max got in the car yesterday and told me that Alex (his competition) likes Cathrine too. I asked him what he thought of that and he said he didn't care. Then went on to tell me he thinks she likes him too. Then, breaking my heart, he said, "Mom, he's better then me. He's taller and bigger and he just looks better. I look dumb." What?! Of course I told him that wasn't true, he was just as good if not better that this Alex kid.

Then he came up with an idea. And I quote word for word..."I know mom, tomorrow I want you to spike my hair and I want to wear my black jacket." I forgot about this leather jacket my dad got him at a thrift store. I could feel an uncontrollable laugh building in me and had to try really hard to hold it in. It was a deal! In the morning we planned to make him look as cool as possible to win back the girl of his dreams. Ha ha!

Part of me wants to tell him he's too young for this and not to worry about her, just focus on hand ball and the boys. But, I want him to tell me "everything", and I think it's HILARIOUS! So, I went with it.

I told Matt about it last time to prep him and this morning Max asked if he could go in his room and get a different jacket to wear to school. Matt played dumb like he knew nothing, then spiked his hair for him. He took these pictures on their way out the door this morning.

Kathrine, if you don't think this kid is the best looking dude EVER...you're crazy!


So proud to look cool!




Yes, Matt made his look tough...that's what he gets for having a dad that's a director.
How cute is he?

9 comments:

Laura Taylor said...

That's just so cute. He looked like such a little stud. I remember having crushes at his age. Infact Ashlynn has a deaf and slightly retarded kid that is infatuated with her.

Em said...

Sooo cute!!!!!!! He is lookin good in that leather jacket. I wish you guys lived closer so I could hang out with you and your cute funny kids.

dana said...

Okay, that is the best story I've heard in a while! LOVE him.
And seriously...
A. He IS stinkin cute
B. He has the coolest personality of any 2nd grader I know. Hands down.

Jean said...

Oh my gosh, BEST STORY EVER!!! Don't worry, your secret is safe, Niki. Way to be the supportive mom.

Note to Cathrine: seriously, girl, Max is an elementary school hottie, and plus he's one of the coolest kids around. Don't miss a golden opportunity. Share a Reese's with him or something. :-)

Andy said...

Atta boy Max! If you want that girl you gotta go out and get her. It's a bold move, but that's what you gotta do. I like your moxy!

sachia said...

Hey Catherine...screw you! He is MINE!!!!! How cute! Hubba hubba.

Sorry about the profanity. I am just so worked up over that cute little story.

The Andelins said...

I love Max!!!! Hahaha he is so funny!!! I don't know who this Alex kid is, but I think Max is a total stud! Who else would chop up an entire bowl of strawberries for me when I came to visit to show me what a great cook he is???? P.S. I LOVE the jacket and spiked hair!!! Max is the best!!

Lesley said...

This is soo cute! Yep, she would have to be blind not to see how hunky he is!

The Lamberts said...

soooo cute. I laughed so hard when read your story, go max.
Loved the halloween costumes too. That has to be the cutest superwoman Ive ever seen.