Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Boy or Girl?

We went to the Dr. yesterday to have an ultrasound and make sure all is well with baby Fackrell. Ultimately, we were hoping to find out the sex of the new family member. We got into the room and the Dr. asked us what we were hoping for. We have one of each so we are ok with whatever but I informed him that Max really wants a little brother. He went through all the body parts, measuring them to make sure they were the right size for the due date, which is 08-08-08. Pretty cool. He got to the baby's bum and said, "There's the baby's bottom and if you are having a boy you can see boy parts right here...but I don't see any boy parts." I guess it didn't hit me the first time, so he went through and took a look at all the organs and limbs and came back the the butt. And again he said, "See, right there is the bottom and there would be boy parts showing right here if it's a boy and I don't see any boy parts." I looked over and Matt and mouthed, "It's a girl." Finally, I looked at the Dr. and said, "So, are you trying to tell us it's a girl?!" That's when he broke down and said, "I'm 95% sure it's a girl because I don't see boy parts." I have to admit, for a brief moment I felt a little sad for Max that he wasn't getting that little brother he had been wanting but all the while I had a smile on my face. You see, we were leaning more to the boy side and both felt more like it would be a boy then a girl. On the drive home we were both laughing a little at the new surprise! It really only took us a few minutes to get used to the idea of another girl in our family and now we wouldn't want it any other way. Now the name hunt is on. That's really fun for us, we seem to agree on everything and come up with names really quick. I have to say, I'm a little nervous about having two girls right together. All the hair, estrogen and cat fights! Ready or not, here it comes!!!!

9 comments:

dana said...

congrats! A little girl sounds so fun! bring on the cat fights.
With Lucy our Dr. was kinda the same way, he wasn't totally sure it was a girl, but he didn't see any boy parts. I wasn't convinced we were having a girl till we did another ultrasound at 33 weeks.
Fun baby update for you guys!

Kizzycakes said...

welcome to my world. congrat-u-frickin-lations! hooray for you guys. thanks for sharing!

Laura Taylor said...

Coming from a mother of two girls: you will have a blast! Yes, they fight and are very emotional at times, but it's worth it. There is just something about the bonds of sisters! Nicole and I have it. My girls have it and yours will to. I do spend way to much on their clothes and hair bows though! Poor Josh is completely out numbered here, even our dog is a girl!

The Hyer Family said...

Yeah for girls! I love 2 girls in a row!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

cOnGrAtUlAtIoNs! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure she'll be just as adorable as little Mia!

Carr Family said...

sweet!! There are going to be little girls popping out all over the place this summer. Lige and I are having the hardest time coming up with girl names...hope it comes easier for you. Congrats!!

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY--a girl!! Congrats!!! Is Mia excited too??

T.K. said...

Yippee I am sooooo excited for you!!!!

Jean said...

!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's totally awesome. She's gonna be so cute!!