Tuesday, January 22, 2008

King of the park





We went to the park the other day after Max got out of school. I knew it couldn't be a perfect day at the park for either of the kids with out Mia's scooter and Max's skateboard so I made sure to bring both. The minute Max stepped out of the car he was off on his skateboard. I'm not kidding, all eyes, adult and children, at the park we're on Max. He looks younger then he is and is riding a skateboard like a 12 year old. Everyone was asking me how old he was and how he learned to ride so good. Just as he had almost finished circling the entire park, all the while flipping the board and doing his latest tricks, he ran into a group of older kids skateboarding. They all just watched him for about 15 minutes. They kept asking him questions and seeing if he could do different tricks. One of the kids looked at his friend and said, "He's 7 and he's way better then you!" The other mom's and I just had fun watching this whole thing unfold. Eventually we had to leave, but just before we left Max said to me, "I felt like king of the park today. Everyone wanted to know how old I was and wanted to talk to me." Then he sighed and said, "I love an audience!" Does he ever. And we have no idea where he gets that. :) (Thanks uncle Andy for teaching Max all the cool new tricks so he could be king of the park for a day.)

9 comments:

dana said...

That's so adorable. I want to see him on his wheels. Maybe he should do it as a "cool trick" for YGG?!

Carr Family said...

That's awesome...I love the picture of all the big guys looking at him. Good skill to have...we're going to get Liam on one as soon as possible.

By the way your comment on my blog about nursery scares the crap out of me. Please no.

T.K. said...

How freaking cool is that!! What a little stud with his AUDIENCE!!

Odell Family said...

Hey Niki!

Your family is so cute!! The last picture of your family was from about two Christmases ago and Mia was just a baby. I can't believe how big and CUTE they are. Max is hilarious. It reminds me of when Matt was making our wedding video and Max found some pictures of Shaun as a boy and said, "I want to wrestle that boy!" I'm so glad to hear you are living your dream life :)

Gretchen said...

How cute is that!! Kids should always feel like they are the king! What a great self esteem boost!! I just came across your blog through TK's! I am so glad because I haven't seen you FOREVER!! How is everything going!?? I am so excited that you are going to have another baby! When are you due?? We just had our third on the 5th of January! It is so much fun. The older kids are such a big help. I was so scared for three, but, I think this has been my easiest so far! Hope all is well. Your kids are absolutely darling!!

Kizzycakes said...

love it. that's so max. we wish we were there. we miss hudson!

Kylee said...

Nice... It looks like Max is getting ready to ollie in that second picture. He's got the form down and everything. But don't thank me too fast. Part of my teaching to Max was that he had to be willing to fall and get hurt a lot if he wanted to get good. HA!
Andy

gunnfam said...

He's so funny! I'm glad he could show the big kids a thing or two. Thanks for letting the girls play today.

bob said...

That's awesome! Our Max has a lot to live up to. Your Max has set the bar pretty high. Anyway, I was doing a little blog surfin' and I came across your site from a comment you left on Shelli's blog so I thought I'd say hi. It looks like things are going good for you.